Saturday, May 30, 2015

Blisters and happiness (you can't have one without the other)

    Just finished day two of walking. Day one 13.8 miles and blisters. Day two 8.7 miles. Very sore feet (I really thought I was prepared...) but we finished walking by noon so we can rest and restore. 
    The country side is beautiful. Spaniards are farmers. Every direction I see fields and irrigation ditches. We've met nice people from Hungary, Iceland, New Zealand. Last night lying in bed there was a couple in the next bunk speaking Chinese (or some oriental language), and another speaking German, and a French guy behind me. 
    We are staying in a cool alburgue, much smaller than last night. To get into this village we walked over a rock bridge built in the 1300's. 
     Kim's mother took a terrible fall and broke her hip and wrist and gashed her mouth. I feel so badly for her suffering. And I feel so badly for Kim. And to top it off coming home from visiting his mom, right out of Monticello a deer ran in front of him and hit my car (at least it wasn't his beloved mustang...that might have sent him over the edge...)
     So if you see the sweet boy Kim, give him a hug...he needs it. All I can think is that Pearl was big into adventures and she would be happy for me taking this one. I remember when I first met her she owned a GMC Jimmy to take grandkids jeeping in the canyon lands...she'd absolutely love this hike!!
     So life is blisters and happiness...buen camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment