Friday, May 29, 2015

More Leon





An apple pastry and the chocolate caliente to end all hot chocolate began our day. It sent a chocolate shiver of delight down my spine. 
We toured the Leon Cathedral and the Cathedral, walked the streets and ate a fabulous dinner at about 8 pm we joined a long queue to hear a free organ recital in the Leon Cathedral. The performer was a world renowned organist named Ton Koopman. He played all Bach which I thought I didn't really care for. Now I'm a Bach lover. The sound blew my mind. The cascade of notes made my heart race. I especially loved he bass notes that growled forth like a tuba was pulling them out of hell. I could feel the notes vibrate in my chest. As we listened the brilliant stained glass windows gradually darkened with the sunset. After thunderous ovations, he played one then another encore. I will never forget this concert. 


No comments:

Post a Comment