Monday, June 1, 2015

A Good Day and a Good Cry

     My friend Teresa Keleher met us today and we walked a while together!! She's the one who put me on this idea so I appreciate her. 
     My blisters are bad and it hurts to walk but we still made it 9.2 miles. We stopped at the BEST place in a very small village and scored our own room and bathroom!!! So nice and so clean...we wanted to cry...but we already had cried once today so we had reached quota:)
    We met two girls from Taiwan...one of whom has three masters degrees from NAU...small world. 
    We met a chubby girl from Brazil who was walking 6 kilometers a day...that's less than 3 miles. I have to say that chick is onto something. 
     I was told to string thread through my blisters and it would keep them draining...so I did and sprayed them with antibiotic spray. I'm getting good at wrapping them and they actually feel pretty decent when we walk but as soon as I  stop...ouchie ouchie ouchie. CRAP!!! Makes me so mad I bought my boots in December and have faithfully walked in them with no problems. But now I'm carrying a 16+ lb pack...maybe that's the difference. But I think everyone on the trail has something they are dealing with. So what the heck...
     
          The trail was so beautiful today. So many wild flowers and mostly overcast. So even though this is dang hard...anything worth it in life is and when reach our final destination we will feel satisfaction that we made the big effort. 
     Buen camino!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jill. I hate to see your feet like that. So sorry for your pain. I admire your strength. What a wonderful adventure to meet all those people from all walks of life. You will cherish this forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try putting lavender oil on your blisters. I think it will help.

    ReplyDelete