Friday, June 12, 2015

Sister Wives

After a days walk, when I stretch out on my bed or bunk, my muscles shoot distress signals to my brain for an hour or two. I'm getting used to the way this feels. I take a couple ibuprofen and wait for it to ease. A hot shower helps and we have had hot water and showers every day. I recognize this as a luxury of a modern day pilgrim. 
I wish I could see a time lapse of the Camino through the centuries. We complain about our feet which are shod in well designed shoes. Our packs are engineered for comfort. We are wimps. 

And yet it is still a challenge. 
I need to give a shout-out to fellow pilgrims Juli and Dena who we spent two lovely evenings with. 
As you can tell, they like to laugh. When they discovered they were hanging out with Mormons they immediately tried to make us drink a hearty red wine with them.  

We were able to educate them about the benefits of diet coke vs. wine. 
(*Incidentally, in Spain it is a "sin" to drink coke without caffeine.)

 As they discovered how true we are to our convictions, they soon were begging us to be baptized and become sister wives with us so we can create our own reality show. 

We're going to send the missionaries right over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment