Monday, June 15, 2015

We Made It!!!!!

     Holy moly!! We made it...we're here...we're done!
     11.6 miles and we were hustling to make it to the noon pilgrim's mass...my first mass...it was cool. At the end they have this big chandelier thing that they swing over the crowd with smoke coming out. I saw a few people I knew on the trail and it felt wonderful. 
    There was a nun who did a lot of singing during the mass...she had the most beautiful clear voice. It was touching. 
     Now, after a long hot bath and an expensive meal I'm lying on my bed resting and feeling grateful that I was able to take this journey. I'm also grateful it is over...in a few days Kim will be here and Laraine flies home and we party!! (I intend to take a cab everywhere:)
    Santiago is a beautiful city. It was exciting to get our first glimpse. 
     You can barely see it at the end of the road...
     Walking today we felt heaven shining on us. 
     My daughter Jackie asked me what is the main thing I learned during this journey. I'm still pondering that. 
   Just relishing that we made it. 




2 comments: