Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Endurance...Maybe Not a Good Tired


     Today I'm dragging...hashed, trashed, and thrashed. Even though feet are doing better...I sure felt the walk today. Five more walking days...so I have to buck up. 
     But lucky, lucky Laraine gets to share a bed tonight...she'll love it I predict. 
      I've thought a lot about my man, Kimbo slice today...I'm lonely for him. I'm missing a lot of things...m & m popcorn for one. He's had a rough go since I've been gone, losing his mom. He's a good person and I quite like him. 
     I've actually had mucho (impressed?) time to think and ponder on my life and my blessings. I have been blessed with great things...my family being first and foremost. 
      We have had dinner with two nice women the past two nights. When I told them that I married at 17 and was 5 months pregnant when I turned 18...they almost swallowed their gum. But I thought about my sweet first born James and how easy he was...how he slept all night from 2 weeks...and how even as a little toddler he walked around humming...and remains so constantly cheerful...well it's all good. 
     Then Maegan, Hunter, Jackie, and Luke joined the gang and I can only be grateful. 
     Life is really hard, harder than I dreamed it would be. And somehow simultaneously life is really good, way better than I dreamed it would be. 
     My darling daughters
     My son Luke who is in Peru. 
     All of us at Luke's graduation. 
     I didn't have to come to Spain to know life is good...



2 comments: