Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Big Finish

     After over 12 miles today, tomorrow is our big finish!! We want to make it to Santiago by noon so we can attend a pilgrim's mass. 
     As we were walking today I found a note someone left for me. 
     To my secret admirer...thanks👍
     I'd like to say today was filled with glorified personal insight and revelation. But mainly it felt like a long, hard slog. To get to that big finish is now just mainly endurance. 
     But the scenery continues to enchant...
     Mostly I'm as hashed as I look. But darn it...I'm strong enough, I'm good enough, and dog gone it...people like me...
(Where is Stuart Smalley when you need him to carry your pack?)





3 comments:

  1. Jill,

    By the time you read this you will have reached the end of your trek, but certainly not your destination. The destination awaits us all, and will be blissful if we have walked faithfully. You have undoubtedly walked in faith. Way to go!

    Gene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama maybe it was hurbert who left the note?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a hero to so many. Love you.

    ReplyDelete