Wednesday, June 3, 2015

That Kind of Day

     Today was a 14 miler. We have been starting every morning before the sun is up and this morning as soon as it was light enough to see we started.  
     Sorry but I'm emotional today...wouldn't change this for the world when I get to see sights like this...
 
     But it was a hard day of hiking 2000 feet descent and really rough terrain. So that's what I'm going to blame my little accident on. We were about at mile 12 and throughly exhausted. Walking down a narrow path I was following Laraine. I tripped and thought I'll catch myself...next thing I know...face plant. Don't laugh and please don't tease me today...wait like three days then have at it. But I cut my cheek pretty good and you know how face wounds are...two nice people stopped to help us and we made it a little way to a restaurant and a really nice woman and her daughter helped us. 
      I'm seeing stars and am shaky. The daughter offers to drive us to a hospital. Three stitches later in my cheek and a good goose egg and superficial cut on my forehead...
      I feel so completely mad at myself. But it is what it is. 
      The daughter drove us to the hospital, waited for me to get stitched up, drove us to a hostel. She was so kind             
And when we tried to pay her something she refused and just kissed and hugged us. 
      I REALLY want to be more like her. 
      Buen camino, and there are such good people in the world. 
      I'm going to have a noticeable reminder of my grand adventure. 
     I think tomorrow is a rest day...


3 comments:

  1. So sorry Jill. Hope you heal fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mama. I am so sorry. At least pearl can follow along your adventure now. I hope you feel better 😪

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill,

    I'm sorry to hear of your fall, but not at all surprised that you wouldn't let it stop you! Have a good rest tomorrow.

    Gene

    ReplyDelete