Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Climb Every Mountain


     Someone falsely told me the camino was pretty flat. Yesterday we climbed a gradual steady climb...today was holy cow, a huffer and a puffer. But two chicks who have raised 5 kids each, we know things...like how to stick to it. 
     I think I figured out my stupid foot problem!! I literally sat down by the side of the trail and took my boots off and put on my tennis shoes...not even running/walking shoes, just run of the shoes, and told Laraine I'm leaving these 180 buckaroo-Roos here and wearing these until I find a store and buy new shoes...
Then...at the last instant I had a thought...I wanted to take the cushy insoles I had bought and maybe use them with another shoe...it dawned on me that I had laid the cushy insole on top of the regular insole...and even had hiked once at home with them...but it was that!! The shoes were too d:)& tight!! I took out the insole feeling quite dumb and put the boots back on...they felt SO much better!! The moral to this story is that when we try to get life too cushy it makes somethings puff up and causes extreme pain!!
     The trail of crosses was so cool. It touched us. (Used today's cry up on that...)
     In memory of the sweet boy, too good for this earth...
     Abe Luke Brewer





4 comments:

  1. I wasn't prepared for a weep also today Mothie. I'm sure Abe loved that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I have had a good cry. I am glad you figured out your boots! I miss you and that aber monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jill. That was beautiful. I'm so happy you found the problem with your boots. Hike on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill,

    I have been following your travels with great interest. I hope that your blisters are better. It sounds like you and Laraine are having a wonderful and fulfilling experience. God be with you.

    Gene

    ReplyDelete