Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Pearl is a Pearl

 
   My kind, good mother-in-law passed away yesterday. She ascended while I descended. 
     Pearl was a kind lady. She did so many kind things for me throughout the years. I was just thinking about the first time I met her. 
     I was a 17 year old senior in high school (yes Kim should have been arrested;)...I came home one day soon after we became engaged and met Pearl for the first time. She was 57 years old, tiny and spunky. 
      The first words she said were, "you're  too young to get married (true), he won't show physical affection (very untrue), and he won't lift a finger around the house (for those of you who know Kim...laughable). 
     Pearl was the consummate homemaker. She kept a very clean house, sewed beautifully, quilted, canned, the best cook, and an artist. In her later years she painted ALOT. 
      I loved Pearl. She was a cool grandma. Funny, dramatic and blunt. Her heart was tender. She loved Kim and he always felt it. So did I. She lived to be almost 97 and wanted to go home. I'm so happy for her. I'm sad to miss the great reunion that will happen at her funeral. But I know her adventuress spirit would be so happy for me taking this trip. 
     Pearl could doctor anyone, anything. I thought last night it would be great to have her here helping me. She would have rubbed aloevera into my sore spots and spoken words of kindness and encouragement. 

1 comment:

  1. I am sure she will be with you, cheering you on and helping you heal.

    ReplyDelete